Programming Intermediate Level
Ages: Children 8 to 12 years old (3rd to 6th grade of Primary School)
Lesson Duration: 90 minutes, once a week
Number of Students per Class: Six (6) to eight (8)
Registration Requirements: Students in 3rd to 6th grade of Primary School Electronic
Equipment: Personal computer (provided by ROBOTONIO)
Educational Platforms: Scratch
Student-to-Electronic Device Ratio: 1:1
Use of Equipment at Home: Personal computer (with Chrome browser version 63 and above)
Differentiation of Sections:
The popularity of Scratch in education is due to the ease with which programs can be created. The commands and data structures are simple, written in the Greek language, and the program's structure can be designed like a puzzle, with detachable code pieces that can be moved and adapted together. In Scratch, all objects such as graphics and sounds can easily be imported into a new program and combined in new ways. Thus, children interact directly with their creation and gain motivation for more effort and study.
In addition to the laboratory classes, all students will participate in a digital classroom so that, guided by the educator, they can face interesting programming challenges, practice new concepts and functions, expand their programming skills, and become familiar with the philosophy of participating in an active, engaging, and creative digital community.
Upon completion of the "Intermediate" level, students will be able to:
- Design algorithms to solve problems using all the programming principles and tools they learned in class.
- Develop programs on the Scratch platform that support the operation and evolution of a complex game.
- Use comparison operators.
- Use arithmetic and logical operators and implement complex arithmetic operations programmatically.
- Identify and correct programming errors.
- Manage computer memory for their program using variables and lists.
- Create their own programming commands.
- Continue their education in programming with a text-based programming language (Advanced level).